LAS mathematician tracks proof for legendary numbers genius.
The "Lost Notebook" sounds like something that Indiana Jones would pursue through jungles and across sands. But for mathematicians worldwide, the quest for this rare gem has taken them on a much different path—through libraries and stacks and stacks of documents.
Life was a zoo for the proprietors and inhabitants of the Paris menagerie.
Interactive CD is helping revitalize the indigenous Dakota language and, hence, its culture
How honey bees are resolving an age-old debate.
Writing the way with award-winning novelist Richard Powers.
Around the College
- ‘The Executioner' Destroys Cancer Cells
- The Secret Life of Bees
- Computer Animations in Court Colored by Bias, Researchers Say
- Global Warming Could Cool Europe
- New Telescope Array Opens Another Window on Universe
- Guppies Show That Variety Is the Spice of Life
- U of I Holds the Record for Knighthoods
- A Clean Sweep: LAS International Careers Gain National Recognition
- From Outcast to Scientific Royalty
- $5 Million Grant to Raise Chemical Literacy
- Sim Viruses
- Chemists Solve Century–Long Puzzle About How to Study Single Molecules
- Hawk Mummy Mystery
- Frog Talk