Faculty Services and Procedures
- Advising Toolbox
- College Awards
- College Services
- Courses & Curricula
- Dates & Deadlines
- Employment at LAS
- Faculty Meetings
- General Education
- Hiring Procedures
- Off-Campus Programs
- Policy Manual
- Strategic Budgeting
Faculty News and Contacts
INformation on the LAS Hiring Process
Retiree Rehire Information
The Illinois General Assembly passed a bill (HB 4996) that will impact the re-employment of retirees effective August 1, 2013
Please review the notable highlights of the new legislation.
Retiree Rehire Form- please use for Fall 2013 requests for retiree employment.
Hiring Request Form (HRF)
HRF Faculty, Other Academic, and Academic Professional- this word document can be used to obtain the information from the department before beginning the workflow in HireTouch. Updated Nov 2012.
Hiring Requests: Civil Service
All potential staff (civil service) hiring activity requires the approval of the Dean. Please fill out the Civil Service Hiring Request workflow in HireTouch and forward to Paula Hays for College processing. Review the LAS Hiring Request Guidelines document above to ensure correct approvals are obtained.
Basic information for Search Committees on screening, documenting, and interviewing.
Appointment Change Form
The Appointment Change Form is used for the following circumstances involving current employees: Promotion (involves $$), title change, reassignment, transfer. Changes involving Academic Professionals require a PAPE form (Appendix C below). Please gather the information outlined in Appendix F (below) and email to LAScollegehiring@mx.uillinois.edu before beginning any workflow in HireTouch.
Search Waiver Form
The Search Waiver Form is used for the following circumstances: Hiring a non-University person into a University position, usually a Visiting teaching position. A waiver could be requested to hire a post doc into a Research Scientist position. Search Waivers also require an HRF. Please gather the information outlined in Appendix J (below) and email to LAScollegehiring@mx.uillinois.edu before beginning any workflow in HireTouch.
- Search Process Flow Chart
- How to Start The Hiring Process for Some Common Titles
- After the Approvals Are Complete... Offer Lettings and HR Front End Procedures
- Dept of Labor Criteria for Advertising, Updated July 2012
- Appendix A: Additional Information on PAPEs- from the Campus Administrative Manual
- Appendix B: Additional Information on Titles Containing Director
- Appendix C: PAPE Questions
- Appendix D: HireTouch weblink
- Appendix E: Starting a Workflow in HireTouch
- Appendix F: Appointment Change Form Instructions
- Appendix G: EOA Diversity Recruitment Sources
- Appendix H: Increasing Applicant Pool Strategies
- Appendix I: Offer Letter Examples
- Appendix J: Search Waiver Form Instructions