LAS 199: Transfer Advantage
The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences wants to ensure that all of our students have a successful and productive first semester here at Illinois.
LAS 199: Transfer Advantage is a course designed to assist new transfer students in their transition to our college and campus. Students who enroll in this 8-week, 1-credit course will:
- learn skills for academic success at the college level;
- have immediate access to a peer mentor who can answer your many questions about your new life as a U of I student;
- learn about all the important and valuable campus resources;
- enjoy a small classroom environment with your peers;
- become familiar with the many learning styles and experiences that you will encounter in your U of I career; and
- meet other people who may very-well become life-long friends.
The format of the Transfer Advantage course will include lessons and workshops designed to meet the specific needs of a diverse transfer student population.
If you would like to have more information on whether this course would be a good fit for you in your first semester with us in the College of LAS, please consult with the academic advisor for your major and the Transfer Advantage staff listed on this site.
Apply to be an LAS 199: Transfer Advantage intern! Download the application here.
Transfer Advisory Group (TAG)
Looking for more ways to get involved outside of class and get to know some of your Transfer peers? Join TAG!
TAG is an RSO created and run by Transfer students for Transfer students. TAG has general meetings about once a month and committee meetings on alternating weeks. LAS 199 Transfer Advantage was created with the help and awareness raised by TAG of the unique problems faced by Transfer students. If you would like to make a lasting change for current and future transfer students come to a general or commitee meeting to see what TAG is working on next.