LAS Alumni Information
Current Issue: Winter 2014
Celebrating 100 Years of LAS
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences celebrates a century of education at the University of Illinois.
A longtime study abroad program in Japan nears a milestone.
Campus’s most famous ghost story starts on the wrong foot.
With their son’s life at stake, Ken and Ann Slaw made things happen.
A course in Indian cinema is getting noticed at Illinois.
Alum founds service organization and discovers the missing piece of multiculturalism.
Chemists, vets, and dogs work together for cancer cure.
Geology field camp earns reputations as one of the best in the country.
- LAS News Winter 2014
- (Interactive Flash version.)
Around the College
- African American Studies Is Alive and Well in the U.S.
- Historic Telescope Refurbished
- Hope for a Conceptually New Paradigm
- Former Chemistry Instructor Wins Nobel Prize
- Here’s Looking at You, Kid
- Does ‘Facebook Generation’ Need Limit on Screen Time?
- English Professor and Team Document Life in Chicago Public Housing
- Abigail Salyers, World-Renowned Scientist (1942-2013)