LAS Student Success Workshops
Check out these personal and professional development workshops designed to help you be successful throughout your college career. For more information and workshop descriptions visit the workshops website.
- February 4 — PHYSICS: So You’d Like to Pass Your First Physics Exam…
- February 4 — Resumes and LinkedIN for Scientists (CAREER DEVELOPMENT)
- February 9 — Post-Graduation Service Opportunities: Giving Back While Gaining Skills (CAREER DEVELOPMENT)
- February 10 — SPANISH: Say, ¡Olé! to Spanish help today!
- February 11 — Procrastination Domination: Battling Procrastination with Effective Time Management Skills
- February 12 — SOCIOLOGY: Navigating the Sociology Major Experience with Purpose
- February 17 — Mindfulness: How to Slow Down, Take Stock, and Regain Your Academic Focus
- February 17 — Boost Your Resume and LinkedIn Profile – Using Free Online Learning Programs to Gain Business, Technological and Creative Skills (CAREER DEVELOPMENT)
- February 17 — ECONOMICS: Improving your performance on ECON exams
- February 18 — MCB: Succeeding in MCB Core Courses
- February 22 — MATHEMATICS: Succeeding in the basic Calculus sequence
- February 23 — PSYCHOLOGY: How to Study for a Multiple-Choice Exam in Psychology
- February 23 — Volunteering to Give Back, Explore Careers, and Develop Employable Skills (CAREER DEVELOPMENT)
- February 25 — The Power of Presentations – Enhancing Your (Employable!) Communication Skills (CAREER DEVELOPMENT)
- February 25 — CHEMISTRY: My First CHEM Exam Did Not Go Well, Now What?
- February 29 — CHEMISTRY: My First CHEM Exam Did Not Go Well, Now What?
- March 1 — PHYSICS: So, Your First Physics Exam Didn’t Go As Well As You Hoped…
- March 2 — How to Sell Your LAS Degree at the Illini Campus and Internship Fair (CAREER DEVELOPMENT)
- March 3 — Enhancing Your (Employable!) Communication Skills: An Introduction to Prezi (CAREER DEVELOPMENT)
- March 8 — Boost Your Resume and LinkedIn Profile – Using Free Online Learning Programs to Gain Business, Technological and Creative Skills (CAREER DEVELOPMENT)
- March 11 — ACADEMIC WRITING: Writing a mind-blowing academic paper
- April 7 — Enhancing Your (Employable!) Communication Skills: Introduction to Infographics Using Piktochart (CAREER DEVELOPMENT)
Looking for career experience? Visit our internships page. We post openings relevant to LAS students that appear on the U of I Career Center’s I-Link. See what kind of learning you can do beyond the classroom!
LAS Student Handbook
- Majors & Minors
- Degree Requirements
- Course Guidelines
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Standing
- Attendance & Withdrawals
- Dates & Deadlines
- Advising & Support
- LAS Honors
- International Programs
- Access and Achievement Program
- LAS 101: Freshman Seminar
- LAS 199: Transfer Advantage