To speed the process of managing your academic program:
- First fill out the form—this will make your advising appointment more efficient.
- Bring all the pages of the form (including instruction sheets) to your advising appointment.
- Deliver your completed form in person to the office indicated.
(Note: Students affiliated with the Educational Opportunities Program [EOP], President’s Award Program [PAP], or Transition Program should submit all forms in person to the LAS Access and Achievement and Transition Office in 2002 Lincoln Hall.)
Majors and minors
- Change of Major (Note: First see if there are special requirements that must be cleared with your department.)
- Declare a Second Major (obtain from LAS Student Academic Affairs)
- Declare a Minor
Course adds, changes, and drops
- Late Course Add/Section Change/Credit Change
- Petition for Late Course Drop (obtain from LAS Student Academic Affairs)
(Note: On Reading Day and during the Final Examination period, students will not be permitted to submit a Late Drop Petition without consulting first with a dean or advisor at LAS Student Academic Affairs or Access and Achievement Program, both in 2002 Lincoln Hall. Students who wish to drop a summer course after the deadline should see a dean or advisor in the LAS Student Academic Affairs office or the Access and Achievement Program office.)
- Petition for Retroactive Course Drop (obtain from LAS Student Academic Affairs)
Course Load, Credit/No Credit, and Grade Replacement
- Course Underload (obtain from LAS Student Academic Affairs)
- Course Overload
- Credit/No Credit
- Petition for Electing Credit/No Credit After the Deadline
- Grade Replacement Request
Attendance and withdrawals
- Students who wish to withdraw from their entire Summer 2017 term may use the withdrawal/cancellation request form. Students may also visit 2002 Lincoln Hall to withdraw from the Summer 2017 term in person.
- Petition for Retroactive Withdrawal
- Petition for Course Substitution: Advanced Composition
- Language Petition for Accommodation for Students With Disabilities
- Students who have stopped out for two semesters or more will need to submit an LAS re-entry form. The form will be available in October for spring applicants. Find more information and deadlines on our re-entry page
- LAS Non-Degree Application (please see our non-degree enrollment page for more information)
- Application for second degree in LAS (obtain from LAS Student Academic Affairs)
Forms may also be obtained from LAS Student Academic Affairs.
LAS Student Handbook
- Majors and minors
- Degree requirements
- Course Guidelines
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Standing
- Attendance & Withdrawals
- Dates and deadlines
- Advising and support